Monday, March 11, 2013

personal constitution

I had to write the following for my stress management class. It was a really good experience that helped me refocus and see if I was really living what I valued in life.
Personal Constitution of Alyson McKay

Charity
I strive daily to be a charitable person to show others the pure love of Christ in all that I say and do.
I remember when I first read in Moroni about charityit says “But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.” I remember thinking from then on that I wanted to be found possessing charity at the last day. To me this means that I show others the love of Christ. That I am generous in my actions and with all that I am given. While I am in college, it more means that I do as Christ would and love as he would. That I lift up those around me, and take time to serve in anyway I can, in school, church and in my home.

Integrity
I have integrity as I keep my values and actions aligned and while I live my temple and baptismal covenants.
Growing up and learning about the Young Women’s values I thought integrity was just being honest and not telling lies. While this is definitely part of it, I also remember learning how integrity is being honest with yourself and letting what you believe show forth in your actions. As I live a life full of integrity those around me will clearly know my values because I will be living them. I will dress modestly and make sure all my dealings are honest. I will work hard for the work I am paid for and I will support only those things that uplift and invite the spirit into my life.

Healthy
I am healthy in mind, body and spirit. I take care of my body by taking time for growth, rest, nutrition, and wholesome activities.
I want to share what it means to be healthy with everyone, but first I have to make sure I have taken care of myself. A healthy lifestyle means that I am obeying the Word of Wisdom. I am getting sufficient sleep. I am eating properly and exercising regularly. Health to me also means my mind and spirit are healthy. While I am living healthy I am taking time for meditation, and relaxation. I am praying daily and reading my scriptures. I am consistently working to improve in all three areas.

Virtuous
I
am a virtuous woman, avoiding the filth of the world in entertainment and media. I am faithful to my husband.
Especially in our world today when women are often treated as objects, and even some women abuse their bodyI want to be a virtuous woman. I want especially my husband to know that I am virtuous and faithful to him. I love him more than I can say, and he will see that as he sees me faithfully keep the covenant I made to him when we were sealed. I also think this means avoiding media that glorifies any sexual relations outside of marriage or makes the Spirit leave. I will make sure the spirit is in my home, and that it is a place of refuge from the filth of the world.

Family-Orientated
I am focused on the wellbeing of my family. Time with family is the most precious. I constantly share my love for them.
Both my husband and I have large families. Our families are built upon the principles of the gospel, and we share our love for the gospel and each other. I want my family now, although it is currently just my husband and I, to have the closeness that our families have. I want to constantly share our love for each other by saving I love you. I want to take the time to always put my relationship with my husband first. I will let those in my family back home know of my love for them more often. I will remember my role as a wife, daughter and sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment