Sunday, December 7, 2014
little children
I had a thought today at church, that I didn't have time to share during testimony meeting but I didn't want to forget. The thought came from a primary lesson that I gave a few weeks ago. The lesson started by talking to the children about things that when they were a baby they couldn't do for them selves. The kids shared answers like feed me, put on my clothes and then the obligatory bum joke..."wipe my bum".... After they thought of examples we asked the question "Jesus also has done something for us that we can't do for ourselves. Do you know what that is?" Pretty sure Yul answered this one spot on by saying "he died for us". He was so right and we then talked about how Jesus suffered and died and was resurrected for us because it was something we couldn't do alone. As I took the sacrament today I thought about how this is a way we are like little children, as we accept Christ and his atonement in our life and use it to become one, repent and live again with him we are allowing him to help us with something we couldn't do on our own. I don't know if it's some hue inspired thought but I loved thinking that as I use the atonement and apply it to my life I am also being more like a child and coming unto him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment