Today in Psychology we learned all about our emotions. My professor asked the class, what is love... well what is it. It's something indescribable, because it's something you feel. So basically I think I need to change the name of this blog to things I feel about, and am thankful for. (It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?)
Honestly though... I feel so strongly about a million things. Yes I love, which to me is acting upon what I feel. There are so many things that make me happy (another emotion.) But until I take an action towards it, I don't love it. Here are some examples.
Getting good grades in school used to make me happy. But now I can say I love school. I love learning because I have sought it out. I am trying not just to memorize but understand and apply... and love everything I learn. While that is hard in subjects like political science, there are ways to show interest (staying awake in class, taking notes outside a power point, etc.) that make me love it.
I like a lot of people. There are countless people who make me smile. But I don't really love them until I take the time to talk to them, play with them and serve them. I love people and need to do more to show this love to all those around me, because I wouldn't be anywhere without them.
I like playing sports, especially lacrosse. But I didn't love it until I put time in outside of practice. Then as that love grew so did my skills and enthusiasm for it.
I used to like church, the Gospel, etc. But after going my college, and having to put in the time for these things on my own. My love for the Gospel has developed. I love the growth that our Gospel encourages. I love that there is a path of repentance and that we always can choose to be better than we are the next day. The gospel is so eternal, and any future in it side by side with Heavenly Father is bright.
Love is hard. I don't think you can completely love something or someone after one conversation, siting or experience. Love is almost, no it is, a habit. It takes time. And when it is a established and continued habit, it never breaks.

Well I most definitely love you, and I love this post.
ReplyDelete