Monday, April 18, 2011

I love Kollige

Asher Roth... ahah yes. He has a song, I love kollige, and why I may not like it for the same reasons he mentions in his song, I agree. I love kollige or college( for the edukated) My freshman experience has been perfect. It has been hard but it has been unbelievably happy as well.
I started our with getting blessed with the most incredible roomate-- eliza kaye. I love her, and my experience at BYU would be nothing without her. We have laughed, stayed up way to late, and gone through so much together. I am grateful I was blessed with her. She is a good example of hard work. She reaches out and loves all around her. We have fun toghether, making meals, singing, shopping online, watching youtube videos. and getting through very stressful days together. I am thankful for her too cause she loves Madagascar 2 and graham canyon icecream. There is a picture of our past selves at the creamery above one of the booths. Ya we were meant to be. I love eliza, Room8s for lyphe! seriously... we are living together forever...despite what our future husbands may think... ;)

Next all though he may be upset for saying this... hahah Zachary Monroe White has made my kollige experience so  happy. Zach went to high school with eliza and that is all she talked about the first week of school. Zach and Jacob, Zach and Jacob. Finally we met, and honestly I was bored cause they were just talking about high school, so.. I left. hahah dumb I know. Well we ended up having medicinal plants together aka CHOMP, and that is where we got to know each other. Zach is extremely smart and pushed me to do my best in my classes, he was funny and made me laugh all the time, and he is easy to talk to. We just mesh... ahah we have done the best things at college this year..
just to name a few.
1. playing super smash brothers through the window outside his dorm after visiting hours
2. watching the Lord of the Rings series, and many other movies (so that I am no longer illiterate in movies)

3. Playing at the library till the music plays
4. long walks and talks

5. Jazz games
6. BYU basketball games, aka JIMMER
7. vocal point, and acapella jam, Humor U

8. devotionals
9. dinners, lunches, breakfasts
10. Running

I can't even mention everything that he has done for me that has made college the greatest, so I will stop before I am really in trouble. All the little things we have done have just meant the world and made me so happy. But I hope the list of things we do together just continues to grow. He is the greatest. He is leaving August 17th on his mission to Paraguay. Those people are lucky. Well he will probably beat me up for writing so much..but someone like him deserves a few words.
What else has made my experience freshman year? hmmm well alot actually. Here I go again with the lists
1. Professors: Gary Booth, Brent Strong, Hank Smith, Merril Christensen, These guys have taught me so much this year, and helped me realize what I love
2. Jimmer. I had to put him in, he seriously made every game worth watching, he can even play with the best black players.
3. Alena. My chemistry TA. She taught me how to ask for help, and was so good at giving it. I am so grateful for her and her help in chemistry.
4. My ward. The BYU 20th ward, taught me not to sit in the middle but to rise above. I am not just lost in the crowd, I am working to rise above and lead the crowd.
5. The gospel. Pretty much I would never have made it through the first day of college if I didn't have the gospel. I love the power of prayer and the scriptures that are so readily available to us in our lives. I love the opportunity I have at BYU to connect my studies to the gospel, and learn that they are forever connected.
If I think of something else, I will post it but I think this is it.. for now. I have just loved college in general period. It is the place to find your self, and get to where you want to be. I love college and everything and everyone that has made it the best ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment